Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

You shall love the LORD your Godwith all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.

You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.

You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals o your forehead.

You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Deut 6: 4-9

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hey Blog world.. Remember me?? November 6, 2009

Well I have not posted in a really long time.  Life here in England has been very chaotic.  The enemy has been firing his fiery darts as fast as he can release them.  As soon as one storm has passed the other is just overhead.  But God is so faithful and his love is steadfast and unconditional.  Even in those moments when I do not feel him here, I still know that he is.  I am so thankful to be a child of his!  Moments when there seems to be no clear direction in my life, I still know that I can lean.  “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms”  That is my mantra lately.  Just a quick update on things on this side of the ocean.
Logan had his first surgery on Tuesday, November 3.  They removed his cataract from his right eye and replaced it with a clear lens.  He is recovering well and not complaining at all with pain.  We will return to the doctor on Monday for a follow up and will begin doing patching of the left eye in order to strengthen the muscles in the right.
I am still battling some strange stomach illness.  It seems to be on some kind of 3 day cycle.  I am seriously ill for 1 day then the next it is about half a day and then I fill better for 1.5 days then it all starts over again.  I am hoping to go to the doctor sometime soon and pray that I will get a better doctor that will at least run some blood work and try and figure this out.
We are starting to get really home sick.  I am especially.  I have been too sick over the last month to even continue trying churches.  I am praying that maybe this Sunday I will be well enough to try another one.  I am craving a gathering of like minded believers and the Word being preached.  I know how much of a difference it will make in my attitude.
Aaron is doing great with second grade, even though with the illness we are behind schedule.  He is reading really well and he continues to astonish me daily.  One of the many blessings of homeschooling is the ability to learn or relearn alongside of him.  When I see a particular interest in him that we can take 30 minutes or so and research that particular thing and learn more about it.  I am truly blessed to be able to share this learning journey with my kids. Aaron is also a Cub Scout now and he is really enjoying that.  He is playing indoor soccer, taking piano lessons, and he takes an art class with a local British artist.  His schedule sounds full but keep in mind all the rain and darkness and you will realize that we need things to get us out of the house.
Well I guess that it is all for now.  I will try to post some pics another day of the surgery stay and of Aaron in his uniforms.  Until then. Cheers Mate!

No comments: