Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

You shall love the LORD your Godwith all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.

You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.

You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals o your forehead.

You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Deut 6: 4-9

Monday, December 27, 2010

Goodbye 2010


Isaiah 43: 18-19 “Forget the former things; 
   do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! 
   Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
 

Well I can not believe it is already almost 2011.  I can remember being in high school and feeling like it would take forever for 1994 to get here so I could graduate.  Wow, that seems like forever ago now.  Who would have ever thought that some 17 years ago that I would end up here?  Living in England, married for 10+ years and having two adorable boys.  2010 has not been the best year for me.  It has been really difficult and God has really been doing some BIG things in my life.

I was blessed to spend the summer back in the states and I thoroughly enjoyed the respite.  Got to catch up with some old friends and be part of a fabulous bible study down there.  I also was blessed to have a long stretch of time with my family.  My parents nor my sister and her children have ever had the chance to spend that much time with the boys because we have always lived far away.  It was so nice to see the connections being build there and the bonds getting stronger.  I also was blessed to stay for 2 whole weeks with my BFF of 30+ years.  That was so fun.  There is not much of my childhood memories that do not include her so it was super nice to have some quality time with her and her beautiful family.

Logan started school this year.  This was extremely difficult for me because I just was concerned with him starting school so young. (4yrs old) But here in the UK the kids start at 3.  We have been blessed with a wonderful teacher and school has been great for him.  He is learning to read already and knows how to write and spell aloud his name.  He LOVES going to school and I love that I get to watch his face light up when he comes home having learned something new.  His eyes are still weak and he still struggles to see sometimes but God is providing for him and I see him overcoming obstacles each day.

Aaron still LOVES school here in England.  He has a best friend named Alexie who is from Russia.  In fact, Alexie's mother does not even speak English.  Aaron has loved learning about the human body this year and he is still our star pupil excelling at every subject.  They also do swimming lessons as part of their PE curriculum and he has done far better than expected by receiving a medal for his accomplishments there.  He also was awarded the Star of the Week for the entire school and received a Silver and 2 Bronze awards which are a points system designed to encourage and foster good school work.

For those of you who know me VERY well and know the situation that I have been facing, then know that things are not well.  In fact, the situation is, if anything, worse.  Due to this, 2011 may very well be a HUGE year for me with lots of changes and lots of trials.  I have many decisions to make and lots of hurdles to jump. But I have faith in God!  He has ordained each and every of these things and I have faith that he will direct me through them.  My number one goal in all of these things is that I remain faithful to my God and to his Word! I never want to make decisions based on my own emotions or pain, I want to be guided only by the Truth of scripture.  Because of this, it has been difficult not finding wise biblical counsel here in England.  The only counsel I seem to find is of a worldly nature and pop psychology.  Even from the chaplain and other men of faith.  Please pray with me that I may find someone to discuss this situation and that God can use other people, much more knowledgeable than I at theology, to help lead me in this matter.

So Goodbye 2010.  It has had its highs and its lows.  Sadly, the lows have been very low.  But the highs have been fun.  As I look back, I can see so brightly the Glory of God through each and every thing this year.  He has pruned me and taught me many things.  I would love to thank a few people who have really helped me through this past year.

Jana- your never ending friendship is unmeasurable.  We have been BFF's for so long that we can finish one another's sentences.  Thank you for being a listening ear.  Thank you for being a place to stay.  Thank you for being biblical in your advice and for calling me out when I need it most. Thanks for long phone conversations in which I cried the majority of the call and thanks for giving me a kick in the pants when I needed it.  God has truly blessed me with you - My BFF.

Katie- my England BFF.  You are awesome! You have taught me good nutrition and you have taught me natural medicine.  But most importantly, you have been an example of a Godly mother and wife.  You have also held me accountable to my Calling and you have lovingly reminded me when I fall.  You have been an encouragement through some of the toughest moments of my life.  You are my person that "understands me" when I talk about missing a "church family."  You are the best part of living in England.

Michelle- my prayer partner.  You AMAZE me! Your prayers and encouragement have met me where I needed the most even when you did not even know my situation.  Your beautiful smile makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside and you always know exactly what to say.  The LOVE of Christ shines through your eyes and all who are around you can not help but feel the presence of God.

Jennifer Moy and Diana Savoy- You have both been the BEST FB friends a girl could ever ask for.  We may not be near one another in the physical sense but our hearts are connected through the Cross of Christ!  Through each and every one of your posts you have encouraged me, corrected me, reminded me of my stance in Christ, and inspired me to seek new truths.  Both of you have been through something that speaks to my situation in life and I have learned from each of you.  But the strength and the determination with which you approach the Word has spoken loudest.  I am honored to call you friends.

Aimee- you have been a HUGE part of my life for a few years now.  And although we do not speak regularly, I LOVE the confidence I can have in knowing that you are ALWAYS there for me.  You are my constant friend.  No matter what you will always encourage me, Speak the truth in love, and you will always try to point me back to Christ.  You will forever be my "Cajun Proverbs 31 Woman."  You have been such an example to me as a mother.  I am so blessed by your friendship.

Tina Moser and Melissa Davis- Ladies, what can I say about the encouragement I have gained from your FB posts.  You are both ladies that I only briefly got to know before leaving for England but FB has allowed me to see your lives and to enjoy in your postings.  Tina- you are such an inspiration for loving your family and your God.  Melissa- your love for your God, your children, your husband, your church family and every child that you teach is inspirational.

Mrs. Wanda- you have always been more than a mother in law to me.  You have been my friend.  You have listened and you have understood probably more than most because you understand the thinking behind the situation.  You have always been there for me.  I love you.

Marla- my sister by blood.  We have never really been close but this year you have really been a great help to me.  From words of advice to help with the boys to talking through the situation.  We may be complete opposites but I think that actually helps.. Lord knows there could never be 2 of you on this earth..LOL I love you and I thank you for all you have done for me this year.

My MOM- Mom you have been my Rock this year.  You have had a very difficult year with health issues but you have stayed my biggest fan.  You have cheered me on and you have encouraged me but you have also corrected me and guided me back to scripture.  You have listened and have been a sounding board for me.  You opened your home to me and the boys and you have suffered with me.  I know that every time I have been hurt, you have hurt with me.  But above all this, I know, with all that is in me that every time things came crashing down, you were ON YOUR KNEES! You are my prayer warrior! You have been an example and an inspiration of prayer to me.  I love you mom.

My DAD- good old "Big Ray." You have been my "safe place."  You opened up your home to me and the boys and you spent your entire summer investing your time in them.  You have wrestled when you were tired and you even tried all my crazy healthy food.  In a time in my life when I had been crushed by men YOU were my ever constant physical hug.  You hurt with me and you wanted to protect me from more pain.  You have prayed over me and you have held me and let me cry.  Saying goodbye at the airport was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  No matter what may come it is nice knowing that I will always be "daddy's girl."

Most Importantly --- MY GOD---
Without whom I may have lost my mind this year.  You are my REDEEMER! You are my REFUGE and you are my STRENGTH! You have been my HUSBAND and my FATHER! You have been my HIDING PLACE! You have spoken to my heart through your saints and you have HEALED my body numerous times.  You have SOOTHED my wounds and you have CAPTURED MY HEART! You have NEVER LEFT ME and you have NEVER FAILED ME!  You are SOVEREIGN in all things and yet you are PERSONAL wiping away my tears.  You have SHOWN yourself to me in many ways this year.  You are my PRINCE CHARMING and I am your BELOVED! What joy, what honor, what humility in calling you my KING! Through the tears you have HELD ME in your nail pierced hands! I fall more in LOVE with you each day and I am daily humbled by your choosing.  I may not understand the path that you have placed me on but I TRUST YOU and I know that you are my SOVEREIGN God who will make it work together for a masterpiece.  As I gaze out into the coming year, there is nothing more to say than that, ALL MY HOPE IS IN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodbye 2010

No comments: