Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

You shall love the LORD your Godwith all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.

You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.

You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals o your forehead.

You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Deut 6: 4-9

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lord, teach me Contentment April 27, 2010


Contentment: 
a state of mind in which one’s desires are confined to his lot whatever it may be (1 Tim. 6:6; 2 Cor. 9:8). It is opposed to envy (James 3:16), avarice (H eb. 13:5), ambition (Prov. 13:10), anxiety (Matt. 6:25, 34), and repining (1 Cor. 10:10). It arises from the inward disposi tion, and is the offspring of humility, and of an intelligent consideration of the rectitude and benignity of divine providence (Ps. 96:1, 2; 145), the greatness of the divine promises (2 Pet. 1:4), and our own unworthiness (Gen. 32:10); as well as from the view the gospel opens up to us of rest and peace hereafter (Rom. 5:2).
“We may pass voilets looking for roses.  We may pass contentment looking for victory.” unknown
I must admit my failure in the area of contentment since coming to England.  And it has only been within the last few months that God has really done a work in my spirit regarding this.  I have spent so much time missing what I had, searching something similar, and reaching for the comfort and security I cherished in America that I was missing what God has in store for me in England.  Is it hard.. YES!  Is it hard to let go of what I loved for so long.. YES!  But this I know.. If I do not learn to be content with where he has me that I will never find joy and happiness while I am here.  I HAVE to trust that his plan far exceeds what I could create for myself.   I need to stop seeking and stop creating what I had and instead I need to rest in HIM and in the knowledge that he has something beautiful for me here!
Lord, forgive my UNBELIEF!  Forgive my planning and my making and my longing for the past.  Thank you for allowing me the years at Barksdale that you used to transform my life but help me today to remember that you are still HERE and you are still working in me just in different ways.  Calm my soul Father and guide me into peaceful pastures that are growing flowers of contentment.  Envelope me with YOU God and surround me with your presence!  Lord, may I seek only to bloom where you have planted me and not seek to grow elsewhere.  I want to grow under your nourishment and your sun.  Thank you Lord for showing me my lack of contentment.  I repent where I have hoped for anything other than being in your presence where I am.. right now.. in this moment.  May I long to bloom and sway and bask in the rays of your goodness!  Amen!



No comments: