Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

You shall love the LORD your Godwith all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.

You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.

You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals o your forehead.

You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Deut 6: 4-9

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Transparent eh? January 8, 2010


Ok so apparently the new media buzz word is “transparency.”  Oh, he promised he would have a transparent govt.  Blah Blah Blah.  Now, while I agree that our President may have have fibbed (a lot in fact) during the campaign season, I can not help but think about how often we do the same thing. I just wonder if all those “Christians” griping about government transparency have checked their own hearts first.
The definition of transparent is to be see-through.  In fact, one of the definitions I found said this, “The more transparent a piece of paper, then the more the writing on the back or following pages shows through.”  So, tonight, I pose the question… Are you transparent?  Is the light of Christ showing through you?  Are we opening ourselves up clearly for everyone to see who we profess we are?  I just wonder how many times we act one way in public and another way at home.  I think before all the Christians get into an uproar over the transparency of the President and our government that maybe we should try calling for a transparent walk with Christ.  One in which Christ can be seen through us.  If he truly is the essence of our being as we claim vocally, is he being seen through us in our actions in our daily lives?  If not, do we really think we are fooling anyone?  Oh, we may fool those around us but guess what.  Psalms 139:13 says, “For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.”  You may be able to lack transparency with the people around you but the bottom line… Your creator is not fooled by your “behind closed doors” behavior.  The Bible says, “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked…” (Gal 6:7)  If we, as Christians, want to take a stand for something, this is what we should be standing for.  We need to hold one another accountable that our words and our deeds would be transparent with the light of Christ!  Let’s check our own hearts before we run off at the mouth about the sins of everyone in the government.  I get passionate, I get heated when it comes to these drastic, terrible things that are happening in Washington, but I am more passionate about the fact that we have a lack of transparency in Christianity.  A bunch of people in “campaign” mode making promises of a life they do not lead and meanwhile they are cheapening and tarnishing the Cross that set me free.

So let’s talk about transparency…. Let’s talk about you and me!

No comments: