Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

You shall love the LORD your Godwith all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.

You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.

You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals o your forehead.

You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Deut 6: 4-9

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Like-I do not like

I like waking up feeling happy and rested and spending time in the Word with God.
I do not like the gloomy weather in England.
I like hearing my kids belly laugh and seeing them learn new things.
I do not like when they complain or whine or are have ungrateful, demanding spirits
I like having a good hair day and a day when I feel put together.
I do not like plucking my eyebrows or shaving my legs.
I like that I live in a place where everything is fresh and organic and inexpensive.
I do not like that everything closes before 6pm and you have to walk every where you go.
I like that this place is so full of history and the beautiful old buildings are part of everyday life.
I do not like that I still have not found a church home.
I like that we live close enough to walk the kids to and from school.
I do not like that it rains most days here so I never feel like walking in the rain.
I like home cooked, REAL food with real ingredients and no junk.
I do not like how long it takes to prepare this food sometimes.
I like hearing my children play with my husband and hearing all the BOY noises.
I do not like when they won't let me play because I am a GIRL.
I like that God has blessed me with the most encouraging, supportive, and loving friends back in the states.
I do not like that we are 6 hours ahead of them so chatting is not easily done.
I like mint chocolate chip ice cream.
I do not like that my stomach issues keep me from eating it.
I like pink and flowers and smell good things and other girl like items.
I do not like being the only girl in my house.
I like that our dog waits for me to come home in the front window with her jaws on the window sill.
I do not like that our dog sheds or having to clean her paws when she comes in from the rain.
I like long, hot baths with bubbles and candles
I do not like having to scrub the toilets or the bathtubs.
I like being a Child of the King of Kings and that my Prince is coming to get me on a White Horse.
I do not like that most of the time I fall so short of his calling and that sin has any reign in my life.

Well that is today's short list.. How about you???

No comments: